Thursday, July 31, 2014

Dickey In A Box, BBW Pajama Party, Eaton Disorder & Other Hilarious Fantasy Baseball Names (Part 1)

As the line goes, "what's in a name?"

When it comes to the realm of fantasy sports sometimes it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you've named your team. Obviously it's much better when you're winning but not everyone gets to win, but if you lose with a solid and funny fantasy team name you at least get a laugh every time you log in and at the very least you get your team name worked into blogs like mine and maybe, just maybe if you have a good commissioner he/she gives you credit for it when writing his weekly/monthly wrap ups.

I am breaking this segment down into two parts.  The first part is me putting out some of my own originals and a few Internet sources with tons of clever (and not so clever) fantasy baseball team names.  What I want is to get some feedback from anyone who reads this post on which names they think are the craftiest and I will use it next season for one of my closely followed, hotly contested money leagues!


Here is what I have used in the past - 
  • The Kim Jung Il-est (after now deceased North Korean dictator, pictured above)  I used the picture of him from Team America - World Police as my team logo (also very important)
  • Robotic Greatness (team logo was Bender from Futurama)
  • BBW Pajama Party because how many great photos of plus-sized women in their pajamas are on the Internet?  The answer:  a lot
  • Rounding Terd I figured why not get a poop joke in there without having Yahoo! suspend my account, and they can too...jerks.  Team logo a base with some mud on it (thanks Internet)
  • Albino Squirrel we at least one running around the RPI campus and I play in a league with guys mostly from RPI, and the team logo is a creepy looking all white squirrel - Take that my week 17 opponent!!
  • Jersey City Mayo Mafia (actually for fantasy football but doesn't matter) This came out of a work lunch order where I added mayonnaise to a sandwich with Italian deli meats.  I was hounded/belittled for it for a few weeks.  I still don't get it, but it was from mostly Italians...so I guess they know best how to coats their meats.
Here are some pretty funny references with other names like Dickey in a Box (SNL reference to R.A. Dickey) and Puigs in a Blanket (Yasiel Puig reference and a hot dog reference, pretty sweet) - 
Enjoy the links, laugh at work today and think of something creative (doesn't really have to be baseball related)  and comment back with your favorites!  I'll grab one and make it my own for next season.

Have a great Thursday!
Happy Watching!
-Shaun







1 comment:

  1. My personal favorite of yours was Da Kim Jong Illest. I mean, does it get better than that? Esp with that avatar?

    I have been rocking the Heisenbergs for a number of years now, but am considering mixing it up a bit this year. Only time will tell!

    I also like Mayo Mafia, but prefer Mayo Mayhem (as it is a throw to SOA). Creative differences I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete