Saturday, July 19, 2014

Welcome to The Weekend!

Quick recap on this grey Saturday morning - 


Baseball's back as I mentioned yesterday.  CC Sabathia is undergoing season ending knee surgery, see you in 2015 CC...and have a cheeseburger! You haven't been the same.  
Mets win! (8 of their last 9 games) and continue to roll towards the .500 mark.  
Yanks also win!  4-3 and are now 1 game above .500. Mediocrity reigns supreme in NY baseball this year, but sometimes you just have to be good enough to make the playoffs, right Mr. Manning?  

Rory McIlroy is shooting a sexy 11 strokes under par as the British Open (also just The Open Championship) continues today at the Royal Liverpool GC at Hoylake, England.  American golfers tend to struggle with this tournament compared to say the Masters or US Open.  Sometimes less is more (when it comes to booming drives and fairway blasts), and sometimes less is less...you can't be good at everything.

So on to something on the more serious side. This story came out months and months ago but the Minnesota Vikings finally made the decision to suspend Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer for homophobic remarks made towards former punter Chris Kluwe in 2012.  Two thousand and twelve!!  Why you take so long?  (I was asked this by a kid waiting in line behind me at Starbucks the other day...They ran out of Verona Blonde and I froze, I just froze.  I am sorry pal, you'll have to wait like 8 more seconds to order your 20oz Creamsicle latte with an extra 4 shots of espresso.  Give it a rest, and you're like 10, you shouldn't need coffee - go eat some Pixie Stix or something) Where was I?  Oh, man...lost track.  Oh right, Chris Kluwe, homophobic remarks and a suspended football coach.  I could not behappier with the Vikings decision to take action here.  What is however, semi-infuriating but is generally the case in sports is that the punishment does not fit the crime.  (Suarez, sorry bud I just can't let it go) The coach got suspended for 3 games without pay (which at least is something). BUT if I roll into work one day and make pretty much any comment that someone finds the least bit offensive, like say - Yo! You are a fatty or hey, lady do you think it is appropriate to put lipstick on your lips and most of your front teeth (which I may say at some point) I would be fired.  Not on the spot of course but they would call me into a room later that day and ask did you say blah, blah, blah and I would say maybe and then they would give me some stupid severance package and a firm shoving out the front door by security.  That's how it happens in the real world.  Mike Priefer - I don't know you or what you said, but have a little class and do your job and go home.

Ok - little side of things now.  Looking for a good time?  Check out the following website - http://thechive.com/ (most peeps know about it, but if you don't...it just makes life happier and provides plenty of time killing fun while in the supermarket or DMV)  You're welcome!

Saturday - here we come!  Let's play this one out and see where it goes.

Happy watching!
-Shaun

1 comment:

  1. Ugh this just makes me very excited for football season! I can't wait for that coverage to begin!

    ReplyDelete