Monday, July 21, 2014

I dislike Mondays like RABIES

Monday, Monday!! 
I dislike Mondays like RABIES.  I have (for the record) never had rabies but it sounds like a disaster.  The foaming at the mouth, lunacy and worst of all the hydrophobia.  I am really not sure which part of the hydrophobia bothers me the most, the fear of drinking water or the fear of bathing.  I love a good shower and as has been the case for the last 10 or so odd years, I love drinking water.  It just feels right.  I like being hydrated and do not like feeling like a raisin.  *Wild tangent*

Let's get back to sports - a few quick pieces.
1.  Chris Snee (NYG) - retired today.  Basically this is Tommy Coughlin's SIL (son-in-law) and has been a GDB (ask me and I'll tell you).  Multiple Pro Bowls, 2 timer at that Super Bowl thing with the rings and overall has been (until injuries at the end of 2012) has been everything the Giants could have asked for when they drafted him in 2004.  And...he is originally from Edison, New Jersey which is also pretty sweet.

2.  Another random Giants note - David Wilson has been cleared for contact.  Wilson was injured last season when he took a serious shot to the head/neck and had to have a few bones in his neck glued together.  Wilson's phone call with his Mom went like this - "Hi Mom.  Yes, yes I know.  No, mom they said it would be fine.  What?  No, no, no it's more of a fusion type thing than a meld.  Yes, like sushi samba.  More sushi samba than Volcan mind meld...It's fine.  Ok mom...see you soon."  Yep, it makes about that much sense.

3.  Fantasy football is around the corner.  Don't be a baby about it.  No whining. Do the research and dominate.  You'll figure it out easier if you put in the effort.

4.  ESPN Body Issue.  Does anyone care?  I feel like every year they do this (or wait, yes technically that is why they call it the annual Body Issue of ESPN Magazine).  It's no like I really care to see what Serena Williams looks like with her hands over her boobs and a tennis head band on.  I really do not know who they are targeting with this stuff.  I really do applaud the effort...gratuitous nudity in a sports magazine is really not a bad thing.  The issue is that it's such a mishmash of bologna.  You have pages of perfectly nice ladies sorta posing for an adult magazine (but not really) and then dudes...a bunch of dudes with hairy legs, hairy chests and 18 tons of awkwardness.  Overall, I pass.

5.  I don't even know what the heck is going on here but thanks to the Associated Press, there this super cool photo of horse racing in some capacity.  And by the way, Saratoga opened this weekend.  If you haven't been there, stop being a Communist and go there.  It's pretty great.
http://espn.go.com/espn/photos/gallery/_/id/11241323/image/14/july-14-july-20-2014

Apologies for the lateness of this post.  Mondays are butt.  There I said it, and wrapped up where I started.  I will not take it back and if you have issues with my loathing of Mondays, take it up with someone else.

Happy watching!
Post a comment and win a prize. (Shameless I know but you gotta try every once in a while)

-Shaun

1 comment:

  1. I dislike Mondays but I REALLY dislike Tuesdays! I feel like Tuesdays don't get enough hate. Monday is at least a little exciting…the beginning of a new week and the promise of success. On Tuesday, you realize that maybe it's not going to be a super week and yet you are still really, really far from the weekend.

    I don't understand how horses race in that mud…how do they not just slide around and fall?

    And lastly, I think I see a fantasy football pool in our future...

    ReplyDelete